It is 2am and i cannot sleep,i cry and cry and cry...some of you might not understand.a little over 2mnths ago i lost my beautiful 1 and a half yr old cat..someone kicked him in the head and cracked his skull and hes jaw was broken in more than 3 places.some of u might say its just a cat...to me he was more than that.more than just a toy.i got him when he was 3wks old and he was all i had during the hardest days of my life.when i moved to a new town,had a miscarriage,been diagnosed with bipolar lost someone dear to me,its the greatest loss that ive sufferd since my father passed...he was a healthy happy cat with such a showcase personality,he was probably my best friend.i cant come to terms that he was still playing that evening and that he was in perfect health.how do i move on and forgive this person for cutting his life short.i keep thinking want went through his mind with that blow to his little head.he wasnt use to such torture.i dont know how to forgive and how to begin by moving on...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2009
Supporter
Oh Honey I am so sorry..I have an elderly cat had him since birth and he is very ill and I am dreading when he passes..I dont' understand how anyone can purposely hurt an animal..An animal is more than (just) they are a part of the family..I feel horrible for you..My cat is like my best friend he comforts me and quiets me at night with his purring..It's somuch harder when something like this happens and you are not expecting it..
Bury your little friend then lock your door, take a warm bath, have a glass of wine and a good cry..That is the only thing I know to do..
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2009
Supporter
that is such a horrible thing that person did. if i knew who did it i would press charges or make them pay for a bill or something.
i lived on a 9 lane street (boulevard) and my cat got hit by a car and i was distraught. my immature b/f just laughed! i am an animal lover! my cat was closer to me, and not my son or my mom. so i know how you feel
have you thought about getting another cat? have you thought about if you did get another cat letting it be a in door cat and make sure it's spaded or neutered. animals are wonderful and maybe getting another cat you may find comfort.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Here is the thing,my cat was in hospital for 4days,that friday i took a kitten from someones house to find her a new one while my cat was in hospital.the reason i took her was that those ppl didnt look after her,didn give her love food or any attention.to me that is abuse towards an animal.when hunter died that monday i was more desperate than ever to find her a new loving home,but nobody wanted her as she isnt affectionate(i think she just needs a little time and trust)well i decided to keep her,she is about 4 and a half months old but somedays i find it difficult to love her,i compare her to my cat that died.and i know its such a terrible thing to do.i dont feel alligned with her.I want to press charges but i dont have any proof,he can just say im lying. im very sorry about your cat too and that there are people who understand.im working on it to start a foundation against animal cruelty in honor of my cat who touched so many peoples hearts in his short life.should i give myself time and keep the kitten?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
Supporter
Honey that kitten is like you-hurting..time is what you both need..Animals are so much like children each ones personality different..It's hard not to compare but easy to accept as it..

best wishes to you..kd
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
Supporter
i agree with Kd,
that cat probably wasnt shown affection and love so it doesnt know how to be that way. you know being a cat lover that most cats are very loving.
my evil sister has a cat and she is nasty and keeps her cat in the basement just to find mice. so when i come over her cat hiss at me when i even walk in it's direction. her cat is as evil as she is.
so please show that cat love.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I do show her love and i talk to her alot,but she doesnt seem to want to accept it.i guess in good time.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
Supporter
Lizze,
Do you have cable? do you watch the animal planet channel?
just curious!
i live in an apartment where they dont except pets, so i feel sad about that. i honestly feel my family (of two son+me) is not complete unless there is an animal in the house.
i hoping by next year i can move to an apartment that excepts pets, then i have to pay $250 deposit.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Hey serviceU,No i dont have cable,but ive seen animal channel,dont like watching it.I live in another country where its quite pricey!i live in a block apartments with eleven cats!3 which were street cats so we luckly dont have to pay extra here.
|

replied November 10th, 2009
Experienced User
I sent a message to your profile mailbox. I don't know if you know so I wanted to write here.

I'm very sorry someone would do that. You were very kind to me when we talked about my sister-in-law. I just wanted to say that your communication with me was helpful.

Thanks, and I was moved when I read this post months ago. I always wanted to express my condolences.
|