User Profile
Hello all, so long story short throughout my life I have stifled my sneezes, and I’ve been able to sneeze fine even though on some occasions I would wait until my body would readjust to sneezing automatically and it took some time, but now for the past year I accidentally stifled a sneeze and I cannot sneeze anymore. I get the tickling sensation but I can never sneeze automatically, I have to like manually get myself to and I don’t like it it’s very annoying. Recently especially, I feel tension in my ears, head, and chest. You can see my heart visibly beat, I am very petite though, I feel my heart beating in other parts of my body too like my fingertips, feet, etc. and throughout my body & throughout the day, I’ll have vibrating sensations that last for a few seconds then go away. My entire body is shaking, twitching, and spasming. I also noticed briefly for a few days last week that I had yellow spots on my arm, which I have never had before. I lead a very healthy lifestyle with every day exercise, a healthy diet, and I am beginning to get more sleep. I am also convinced this has gotten in the way of my sleep because it may unconsciously be keeping me up, I don’t know. I’ve seen a few doctors about this in my lifetime regarding this matter, and they said there was nothing that could be done about it really because sneezing comes automatically. Additionally, I have year round allergies. What should I do? I’m at a loss. Thank you so much!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2018
Allergies Answer A63226
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe this is your palpitation and indicates anxiety. Stopping sneezing is not wise however trying your best with home remedies and antihistamines is the treatment of choice. Consult your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.