Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Cannot control grief and anxiety

User Profile
The scariest day of my life is when I realized that everyone I love is going to leave me one day.Lately,this realization has consumed me.I feel scared and have been crying myself to sleep for the past few months.I just don't understand life.I'm turning 18 in a few months and am scared out of my mind.Instead of going out with kids my age I have isolated myself.I believe my 1 year old puppy to be a person, he means the world to me but lately the grim reality of just how long his breeds life expectancy is has filled me with anxiety.This world both terrifies and depresses me and due to my fear of being hospitalized I have not shared my thoughts with anyone.I intend to commit suicide before anyone I love dies.I have thoroughly researched methods of self deliverance and I am content with my decision to end my life when the time comes.I just don't understand any of this,I've known my loss before I even understood what is was but lately I cannot control this grief and anxiety.It's consumed me.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2010
Depression Answer A13395
Thanks for using this forum...

Your symptoms are of pathological worry and it is uncalled for...What has born will end but we donot decide it the nature does..You need to be put on some drugs and do some psychotherapy...Talk to your friends and near and dear ones and involve yourself in constructive thoughts...there is so much to do in life..Donot quit medications or therapy and try to get hold of yourself ...iam sure you will fight this out...

take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.