Canker sores- what helps best?

What helps with canker sores best?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The treatments of Canker sores vary depending on the type and severity. It is important to know the triggers that lead to their appearance. Consider visiting your doctor for further evaluation. Common treatments include swishing solution of saltwater and sodium bicarbonate, applying paste of baking soda mixed with water, applying diluted hydrogen peroxide over the sores (to eliminate bacteria), dabbing the sores with milk of magnesia, oral antihistamine rinses, prescription medication given by your doctor along with use of steroid. If the sores do not heal within 14 days, or if you develop infection or fever, or if these get worse, you should consult your doctor.
Take care.

|

replied February 24th, 2012
Experienced User
Thank you, mine are from stress, and mouthwash and salt and water have been helping. Thanks again!
|

replied February 24th, 2012
Experienced User
Ok, this post is NOT referring to herpes from oral sex! I'm talking about regular canker sores, from stress, food, etc. I don't know how it got posted like that, all I choose was dental health.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Can you tell the difference between a canker sore and a cold sore. Start here for basic info about types of canker sores and their characteristics....
Canker sores a triggered by a number of medical conditions and reactions. Learn what triggers a cnaker sore and how you can avoid canker sores in the future....
Can you identify the main characteristics of a canker sore? Start here and learn when you should seek help for a canker sore that won't heal....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.