Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Canker sores during period

About 7 years ago my wife had a egtopic pregnancy, thus started a plague of mouth sore/canker sores that always flare up during her period. I'm not taking a couple I'm taking an entire mouth full, on the gums lips and tongue. She has more or less always had them since the egtopic to some extent but they get uncontrollable during her period. There has only been two reprieves since this started and both times were when she was pregnant with our other children. After the pregnancy symptoms return. Local doctors have told us they don't know what it is and she's been dealing with it ever since. They prescribed her some sort of oral steroid that seems to help with the pain but that's it. Please any information or experience here would be a godsend for her. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Recurrent aphthous ulcers could be due to gastric discomfort like acid reflux or gastritis, an autoimmune process or stress related which is common in periods. Needs work up like ANA profile to rule out lupus.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Can you tell the difference between a canker sore and a cold sore. Start here for basic info about types of canker sores and their characteristics....
Canker sores a triggered by a number of medical conditions and reactions. Learn what triggers a cnaker sore and how you can avoid canker sores in the future....
Can you identify the main characteristics of a canker sore? Start here and learn when you should seek help for a canker sore that won't heal....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.