User Profile
What would resemble a canker sore is on the inner cheek wall of my mouth, next to my tonsil. On my tonsil, is a small wide dot that hurts to touch. I only know it causes pain is because I am prone to tonsil stones and tried to dislodge it with a sanitized tool that is purposed for that. It did not dislodge and is causing that tonsil to ache. Bouts of sneezing and difficulty breathing keep coming and going. I tried to work out as a normal and it was incredibly difficult. My body aches, I feel pressure through my nose up into my eyebrows/lower forehead and my head feels foggy. I do not have a fever. I am currently taking antibiotics which I know need to be finished. I can provide quality pictures to help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019
General Q and A Answer A64902
It is more likely that you have a viral infection or inflammatory reaction associated with stress.

dryness of mouth and reduced fluid intake might be the cause of your recurrent salivary stones and such dryness can also cause reduced dental hygiene and hence recurrent infections.

You can use over the counter antihistamines like benadryl and anti-inflammatory medications like Ibuprofen which can help reduce your symptoms. Topical preparations like mucopaine can be used to relieve the pain due to the sores and ulcers.

Consult your doctor who can examine you and if the issue is related to herpes infections, then the need for prescription antivirals may be indicated.

I hope this helps.

|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019

It is more likely that you have a viral infection or inflammatory reaction associated with stress.

You can use over the counter antihistamines like benadryl and anti-inflammatory medications like Ibuprofen which can help reduce your symptoms. Topical preparations like mucopaine can be used to relieve the pain due to the sores and ulcers.

Consult your doctor who can examine you and if the issue is related to herpes infections, then the need for prescription antivirals may be indicated.

I hope this helps.

|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.