Medical Questions > Cancer > Stomach Cancer Forum

Cancer spread to neck

User Profile
My dad found out he had stomach cancer almost years ago, stage 4. He underwent immunotherapy and saw great improvement. Cancer receded from his brain and blood from what i was told. He now just found out there is cancer in his neck affecting the nerves. No loss of bladder or bowl control, no loss of limb function, only shaking hands and neck pain. He says to me that it is nothing to worry about and that if the doctor says something bad about it he will tell me. Can I trust this? In my opinion any spread of cancer is bad especially with him being diagnosed at stage 4. Can you help me?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2018
Stomach Cancer Answer A63013
I appreciate your concern and am sorry for your distress. Stage 4 cancer means distant metastases. Curative treatment is unlikely and only palliative treatment is offered. You should probably consult the oncologist in charge to give you a better view of the situation at hand.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.