Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cancer or not ?? Way to young for this many Problems

I have a ? , I am 46 male. I have a mildly complex kidney cyst that we have been keeping on top of for the past year. it started as a 1.5cm when found. then it was said to be 1.7 x 1.4 x 1.2cm. Here on Sept. 15th 2014 had my next Ultrasound & they say it's only 16 x 13 x 12cm. But they are now saying it shows to be mildly complex , single thin septation and a small echogenic focus with ring down artifact in the anerior was. ( Calcifications ). On the prev's ct w/ contrast it said it was posterer & anter.( I also have a 8mm adrenal cyst but after 6 months it they said stayed the same.? left adrenal adenoma ) I also have a cyst on my liver that has went from 1.1cm to 13 x 12 x 9 mm. in the 6 months . They also found 4-5 Polyps in my gullbadder & the biggest was 5.2mm. last year they also found a spot in my left & right upper lobe of my lungs but said it looked like Sequela of past granulomatous disease . I need all the help someone / anyone can give. I have things wrong with me that was passed down by my mom. She passed away at 53 with stage 4 renal cell & my dads father passed away at 66 with liver cancer . Me & my sister are only 2 years apart & we both have very poor health since we was 40. Please help me understand whats going on ?? PLEASE !!! Thank You.

Read more: Complex kidney cyst - Kidney Conditions Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic123337 .html#ixzz3DjoLtFwe
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Based on the information here and considering that you have a family history of various cancers, it is likely that you may have a genetic predisposition for neoplastic diseases.

At this moment, it may not be confirmed that all your lesions (in the Kidney, liver, gallbladder, and lungs) are due to cancer, but they could also be due to benign forms too.

There is a slight risk that cancers can originate from cysts within the body. But the risk is higher in complex renal cysts , and this is the reason regular ultrasound and other imaging studies are requested during follow up examinations by your doctors.

It would be recommended that you continue to work with doctors treating you, and seek proper help.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.