Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

cancer is a metabolic disease caused by oxygen deficiency

Cancer is a metabolic disease caused by oxygen deficiency - not a genetic disease caused by genomic mutations.

It's not rocket science my friends. Science knew this back in 1931!

1) “The cause of cancer is no longer a mystery; we know it occurs whenever any cell is denied 60% of its oxygen requirements.”

2) for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by fermentation of sugar.”

3) “All normal cells have an absolute requirement for oxygen, but cancer cells can live without oxygen - a rule without exception.”
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2018
Cancer is not a metabolic disease and the association with hypoxia which you made in this statement is factually incorrect. There is no evidence to back such a claim.

|

replied May 28th, 2018
Active User, very eHealthy
Hello Muhammad. You said "There is no evidence to back such a claim. "

You are saying cancer cells run on oxygen and not glucose?

And what is your reason for cancer? Where are your references?

If the medical industry is so sure of the cause of cancer, why can't they find a cure?

Here are my references. I could go on and on with more. But I am quite sure your mind is made up and there is no changing it. No matter what factual evidence I produce.

Cancer cells exhibit glycolysis with lactate secretion and mitochondrial respiration even in the presence of oxygen. Vazquez, A.; Liu, J.; Zhou, Y.; Oltvai, Z. (2010). "Catabolic efficiency of aerobic glycolysis: the Warburg effect revisited". BMC Systems Biology. 4: 58. doi:10.1186/1752-0509-4-58. PMC 2880972Freely accessible. PMID 20459610.

2) Warburg's hypothesis was postulated by the Nobel laureate Otto Heinrich Warburg in 1924.[3] He hypothesized that cancer, malignant growth, and tumor growth are caused by the fact that tumor cells mainly generate energy (as e.g., adenosine triphosphate / ATP) by non-oxidative breakdown of glucose (a process called glycolysis). This is in contrast to "healthy" cells which mainly generate energy from oxidative breakdown of pyruvate. Pyruvate is an end-product of glycolysis, and is oxidized within the mitochondria. Hence, according to Warburg, the driver of cancer cells should be interpreted as stemming from a lowering of mitochondrial respiration. Warburg reported a fundamental difference between normal and cancerous cells to be the ratio of glycolysis to respiration; this observation is also known as the Warburg effect.

Cancer is caused by mutations and altered gene expression, in a process called malignant transformation, resulting in an uncontrolled growth of cells.[4][5] The metabolic difference observed by Warburg adapts cancer cells to the hypoxic (oxygen-deficient) conditions inside solid tumors, and results largely from the same mutations in oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes that cause the other abnormal characteristics of cancer cells.[6] Therefore, the metabolic change observed by Warburg is not so much the cause of cancer, as he claimed, but rather, it is one of the characteristic effects of cancer-causing mutations.

Grandr D (1998). "How do mutated oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes cause cancer?". Med. Oncol. 15 (1): 20-6. doi:10.1007/BF02787340. PMID 9643526.
Hsu PP & Sabatini DM (2008). "Cancer Cell Metabolism: Warburg and Beyond". Cell. 134 (5): 703-7. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2008.08.021. PMID 18775299.
|

replied August 24th, 2018
That's interesting. I did not know cancer was caused by lack of oxygen. I'm not sure cancer is related to hypoxia but here is what I found about hypoxia and cancer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/ PMC5045092/
|
This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.