Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

cancer ? a red/bruise looking lump?

I have a red/bruise looking lump on the side of my right breast. It's about the size of a quarter and I was wondering if it might have anything to do with cancer. It's been there for about two days and it hasn't changed at all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi lori859 and welcome to ehealth: If you have a lump on your breast that is growing and wasn't there before, then have it checked out...The problem being, nobody knows what is going on below the surface of your skin...Have you had a mammogram lately?...Just stay on top of this and don't be afraid to go to the doctor...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
i have a red/purple bump under my armpit. it looks like a really bad pimple, but definately is not. it has recently started to hurt. It is where the underwire of my bra rubs against the bottom of my armpit. do you know what it sounds like it could be ?
|

replied October 7th, 2012
i have a red/purple bump on my breast for a couple days now and starting to peel today...is this cancerous???
|

replied October 29th, 2012
have a friend with 'inflammatory breast cancer'. Just google in the internet... hope yours is not.
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2012
Any time you have any changes in your breast, lymph nodes under arm or above collarbone, you should mention it to your doctor and rule out anything serious (like IBC, which is inflammatory breast cancer).
|

replied February 4th, 2013
what is this thing is it breast cancer
i have a red and purple bump on the left side of my breast its been there for 2 mths no change darkening color my mother almost died of breast cancer hers started in her arm pit she is 46 im 25 is it possible that its cancerous i tried to squeeze it and it felt like someone stabbing me in the chest it hurt so bad what do i do
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....