Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Can you suggest what could be wrong. u have been helpful...

User Profile
Hello Doc

I had a D&C in Dec 2012. We started to try again from March 2012. But i got my periods in MArch( 23rd MArch) on time n now again in April on time ( 21st April). But this time the flow was less than usual and no pain or cramps or any other discomfort. But my periods usually last for 3-4 days but this time its my 8th day ( 28th April) and m still having slight bleeding. Tested negative for HPT on 26th April. I am worried as my periods never have been so abnormal. Can you suggest what could be wrong. u have been helpful to me even in the past so looking forward for your valuable suggestions.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2013
Menstruation Answer A43152
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The lighter periods, absence of usual PMS symptoms/dysmenorrhea, spotting that you describe could be few of early symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. Wait and watch for your next periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms. If you suspect pregnancy chances (as suggested by your symptoms), or if periods have not started within 10 days of expected period dates, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet. Look out for danger signs like increase in intensity of abdominal cramps, increasing back pain, fresh bleeding etc. Avoid bending or lifting any heavy weights and avoid heavy work. Avoid standing for long duration and avoid climbing stairs. Avoid use of caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.