Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Can you get Trichomoniasis from...

User Profile
if i had a yeast infection and bought the over the conter one day treatment stuff if it didnt go completly away and i still continuted to have sex with the same person can u get trichomoniasis from that

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2011
Yeast Infection Answer A18485
Welcome to ehealthforum.
If you have any vaginal infection, it is important that your partner also gets treated simultaneously to avoid chances of re-infection. A vaginal smear test is also necessary to confirm the causative agent. You should also avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Visit your gynecologist for examination and vaginal smear test and get started on appropriate treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.