Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

can yeast be genital warts symptoms or stress?

User Profile
Hi I'm really hoping to get some helpful answers I'm very sad and upset :( . I'm 21years old and in July I had a yeast infection I knew what it was so I just got the monistat 3 n I felt fine..for about a month. Then in Aug I felt like that again so I went to my gyn who prescribes me a pill n a 7 day cream treatment (that usually works like magic for me) she decided to do a pap smear since I was 21 already. The yeast infection went away for a few days then I started feeling itchy again but when I went back to the gyn she told me mypap was abnormal and I had hpv and that she will repeat the pap in 6 months. I'm very sad and scared for my health. I went back to my gyn because I'm freaking out thinking I might get genital warts she checked me and said I'm fine and need to relax. Aside from all this I still have the yeast infection that won't go away I'm doing another 7 day cream treatment but so far no good. Why won't it go away, can it be genital warts symptoms or stress?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2013
Yeast Infection Answer A44786
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Stress can worsen HPV and can also be a precipitating factor in the outbreak of skin lesions. Once you become sexually active, chances of contracting HPV becomes high. If the prescribed treatment is not working in giving you relief, consider getting repeat vaginal swab/smear test done to look for the causative agent and get changes made in your prescription as required (based on the evaluation results). Consider requesting for prescription of a Probiotic (to be used after you finish with taking the other medications) to restore the normal vaginal flora to minimize re-infection/repeat infections/opportunistic infections. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.