Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

can urinary tract inf. symptoms be mistaken as preg. symptoms?

I went to the doctor today and explained my symptoms; i have bloating in my stomach that is causing my abdomen and upper stomach to swell/expand. i also have pressure/pain in the lower ab. kind of like cramping. I have to pee more than normal or at least feel the sensation to more frequently. Sometimes I pee alot, sometimes just a little. My pee is a cloudier color. I feel a burning sensation sometimes but it is not excruciating. I think i have constipation too because it is hard for me to go sometimes or if I do go it is really hard.These symptoms came about suddenly a couple days ago... i have pain in just 1 side when I touch it...it is really confusing me. The doctor gave me antibiotics but i am so concerned. Some of the signs sound like pregnancy and I don{t know. Can some symptoms of urinary tract infections be mistaken as pregnancy symptoms? Could I have a yeast infection as well?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Yes, few symptoms like frequent urination, abdominal cramps, lower abdominal pressure/pain, and bloating can be mistaken for urine infection as well as pregnancy. If pregnancy is suspected, you should consider requesting for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately) before you start taking the antibiotics. If pregnancy gets confirmed along with urine infection (by your urine analysis report) then safer antibiotics would be prescribed to help you control infection and symptoms.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.