Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

can this be considered abusive?

ok here it is. first my mom never hits me. me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.im older im 15 he is 13. i got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst 45 dollars for the damage. my mom freak out on me told me i was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. people were looking at me. like she was right. she took away my x box and games and i pod i cant go out on weekends now. on the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a cribs and rattles

Can i turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? isnt it slander or something saying lies about someone. saying i need pampers and making me look bad in public. just to scare her and For the record he started it my brother not me. its not fair now she is not going to let me take drivers ed in school. she told me that im to imature to drive that babies dont get to do grown up things. she saying all these mean things to me. I have a right to drive? cant they make her a better mom or something. this suxs so bad wut she did to me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 16th, 2012
Grow up
What she did to you? What about what you did to her? You embarrassed her with your childish and immature antics. No, telling you that you need pampers isn't abuse. It's the honest truth about the way you acted. Count yourself lucky, if I were your mother I'd have paddled your butt right there in public.

And FYI, driving is a privileged that she has to pay for you to have, not a right!

You have quite a few lessons to learn in life. First and foremost, your mom only has to provide you with a bed to sleep on and food to eat. Everything else you get is a privileged. In other words, instead of thinking about turning her in to CPS, you should be kissing her feet and thanking her for all the extra stuff (beyond food that you have to cook yourself and a place to keep yourself warm and dry) that she busts her ass to give you!
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2012
Gotta say...I agree with Angel. I have three boys, 8,9 and 10 years old. This is the kind of behavior that even they know better than to display, especially in public. They tend to do these types of childish things at home, but know not to do it in McDonalds. I, like Angel, would spank your butts right there in front of everyone. Also, you would have been apologizing to the woman. You need to stop worring about getting your mom in trouble and start respecting her. She does alot for you and deserves better. And really, you do not want to end up in the foster system, there is a lot worse out there than to have to listen to your mom rant at you for acting like babies and taking away your xbox. My kids have been grounded from video games and computer for 4 weeks all because of their behavior at home.
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....