Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Can't wake baby during the day and doesn't sleep at all at night

My seven week old son will not sleep at all at night. I know the reason is because he wants to sleep all day. I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to stay awake during the day. Loud music, brightness, changing his diaper, taking off his clothes, a wet washcloth. I basically torture the child and I end up in tears because its unsucessful. FYI- he eats during the day, but rarely opens his eyes. At this point I am thinking something is wrong. PLEASE HELP!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2011
Hi there, I think its pretty common thing for a baby to do that. Is your wife a working mom? If not, please ask her to try to follow your baby's schedule for the first few months. Newborn baby need all the sleep they can get and its not wise to disturb their need so early in their stage of growth. (this is to maximize your baby development, especially for their brain)

Whenever the baby fall asleep, she sleeps as well. This will give her the energy needed whenever the baby awake during the night.

Then as time goes by, you can incorporate some fun activities during the day (keep him/her laughing) and give more comfortable environment during the night. That will do the trick, as I have proven it.

Hope this helps. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....