Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Can't stop thinking about things my boyfriend said

My boyfriend has said a lot of things which he shouldn't have about his past relationship and compared me to his ex whenever he would get angry. He has since then become a changed person and has stopped doing this for over 2 months when he realised he needed to stop.

The problem is, he has stopped doing it but I can't stop thinking about things he said and about her. I think about her and these things every day. Sometimes I'm okay and then just an awful thought comes into my head and I get very depressed. I tend to overthink in general but these ex-gf thoughts are driving me crazy. Its affecting my job, my studies, and my total life enjoyment. I'll be out having fun and then I'd just go all quiet and get very depressed. I cry a lot as well.

Is there something I can take to make the thoughts go away please? It is taking away the pleasure from my life and making me feel very depressed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2013
Thank you for the question.
Considering the fact that you are preoccupied with one particular thought it is unlikely that taking anything will solve your internal conflict. The best solution is to see a psychologist. Medications will only dull your emotions but unliky to make you happy.
By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2018
I don't know what he said but say to your self I am going to blow his mind.what ever he said set out to do it better.be sexy.be naughty.men love it.role play together.sexcan be dynamic people hold back, think things are taboo. I. Say be a good little girl for him,slutty sometimes.explore.talk to him about desires you both have and go for them. I am a submissive woman with a Dom and we are swingers we have fun fun [email protected]#$k the old girl friend.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.