even when i'm not hungry at all, i always need to be eating. i'll eat alot and be full, but then shortly after i'll be eating again. i can't stop myself. i'll tell myself i won't eat anymore, but i don't know why, i just can't help it. i'm not fat at all. i'm 5'2", and i weigh 102 lbs, sometimes less, and never anymore than 105 lbs. i've been tested by doctors for diabeties and thyroid disease, but i tested negative. i'm not physically active, so it can't be that either. i'm not complaining about not gaining weight, but i want to know if there's a problem causing my extreme over eating. this is not an over exageration of how much i eat either.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper worrywart01
|

replied September 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Many people eat for emotional reasons. If they are upset, they eat. If they are happy they celebrate with food. If they are stressed they eat. It becomes a habit and will lead to health problems at some point. Perhaps keeping a journal of what you were doing and feeling when you eat will shed some light on why you over eat. Therapy can help with this as well. I hope you learn more about yourself and why you need to eat. Best of luck.
|

replied September 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
what are you eating exactly? carbs are easily digested and you'll be hungry again soon after eating them...try to incorporate proteins into your diet and fiber..they leave you feeling more full after and it takes longer to digest so you dont get hungry again quite as fast
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2018
Experienced User
it's not a bad thing to eat too much of foods but you have to take those foods which can't make you fat...
|

replied May 31st, 2013
i eat just for the sake having something in my mouth in 6 month's i've gone from a size 16 to a size 22 food will pop into my head and it's like i talk myself into eating that food even though i'm not hungry
|

replied May 31st, 2013
i eat just for the sake having something in my mouth in 6 month's i've gone from a size 16 to a size 22 food will pop into my head and it's like i talk myself into eating that food even though i'm not hungry
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due to lesion in amygdala or satiety centre. But its mostly due to psychogenic reasons. You would need complete assessment to sort out the problem. I would suggest you to consult endocrinologist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.