Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Can't stay awake and feel lifeless and tired

I'm 17 years old and last Thursday I was at water world and i collapsed twice within the space of 5 mins , once I came round I felt fine but since then I have been feeling really tired and I'm really pale , I have been going to bed at 9 and waking up at 11:30pm but by the time it it 2pm I am tired again and need to go back to sleep. I have no energy all I've. Even doing is sitting down As I feel so lifeless and tired , every time I do stand up I feel dizzy and need to sit down . What is the matter with me ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
Hello,

You need to be examined by a doctor.
If you were healthy up to last Thursday and this came out of the blue you could be suffering from a flu-type virus that saps your energy. Dizzyness could be caused by labrynthitis another symptom of such a virus.

You didn't say whether you have a high temperature or not but if you have paracetamol should help bring it down a little. If you are suffering from blocked head tubes and spirit level (labrynthitis) antibiotics might help them to drain and a menthol/steam inhaler would do no harm.

People speak glibly about flu and claim to have "had a little dose of flu"...
Flu and flu-type viruses are no joke and you don't get over them in a few days - feeling really ill for 2 or 3 weeks is typical and being weak for a month isn't unusual. A genuine sufferer of this type of bug is likely to be below par for 6 weeks to a couple of months.

See your doctor as soon as you can and follow his advice. He will probably tell you to crawl off to bed and stay there.

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?