Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Can't sleep! I lay in bed all night and nothing happens.

Hi!

I'm a 25 years old man.

I have a good diet and I exercise 5x a week in the afternoon.

I go to bed at 00:00 but in the past few weeks I can't sleep. I lay in bed all night and nothing happens. Suddenly the sun is rising.

Nothing changed in my routine in the past few weeks.

I'm worried this might be bad for my health and it's extremely frustrating to not be able to sleep.

I don't feel abnormally tired during the day and I can't sleep during the day even if I try.

What's wrong with me? I really appreciate if someone points me into the right direction.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2012
Anyone?
|

replied October 4th, 2012
did you find anything that helped? becuase im a 19 year old girl and this happened to me about a two months ago and its driving me insane! in on my second night of no sleep in a row and if i do sleep it is very little. so did you find any thing at all that helped and how much did it help?
|

Not yet. I'm going to a doctor to check this out.

I did a blood test and I'm doing other exams. I'm on the 3rd week of no sleep. I'm feeling tired now. My performance in sports has suffered. But still no sleep.

I'm afraid I'll go mad.
|

I just got a new job and started a new medication and the medication had multiple side effects most of which I'm experiencing like memory loss, confusion, aggressive behavior, anxious, quivering, numbness and tingling in limbs and lips, and apparently it may make you tired of course I don't have that side effect. But all those mixed with months with little to no sleep and last night I pulled an all nighter and had work today and our server was crashed and we rely on our computers without them we can do nothing so my boss was creaking out and I can't remember how to do some things and I'm trying so hard so I am stressed out and I'm doing stuff so slow and so says to me if I can't do stuff and I keep this up I'm not going to have a job much longer. I am on this medication to control my pain of arthritis that i have had since I was 14 caused by a genetic disease I was born with that is incurable and I old her today that the side effects are only temporary and once my body gets used to the medication I will not be like this any more. And I just wish I could figure the sleep thing out now I kinda am starting to go mad. Let me know what you find out.
|