Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Can't show confidence in person

How are you all doing?? cool. Basically in the past three/four months I've attempted to get with three different girls. The first one I failed, the second, and yes you guessed right, the third as well. See I just think I can't show enough confidence in person. On MSN, or through texting.. or even on the phone I can hit on a girl easily but when it comes to in person I clearly am proving to be self concious. But the worst part about it is I'm constantly being decieved. Explain this situation to me. The other night i hung out with my buddy and two girls. One who was interested in my buddy and the other (lets call her Sam) who apparantly wasn't interested in me. That night we watched a movie. Sam was all over me. She fell asleep in my arms for frigs sakes. The next day I find out she is dating someone and isn't interested in me. To me that entire situation seems to scream "I AM INTERESTED IN YOU!", don't you think? What makes it all the more confusing to me is that that night was the first time I hung out with sam in a somewhat unpublic situation, like a party. Am I that oblivious? or was largely mislead. Anyway The other two girls before her were technically the same deal. I was mislead. Can anyone relate to this? or even explain it to me because I am beginning to get frustrated and it's tearing me appart.

If it makes any difference, I am 18 years old and work full time, saving to go to university. Basically i gruel over having a girlfriend nightly and i keep get screwed over. Anyway thanks for reading!!! Hit me back if you know how I feel.. or can give me any kind of pointer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2009
Supporter
Hey Robguy
you are a great guy and you'll find the right one soon, just got to be patient... I know its hard, and easier said then done...

Sounds like sam, felt safe with you and trusted you, and those are good qualities to have. And girls do talk, so maybe the girls who come into your like, like sam will bring you up in a conversation with a friend or two, and those friends might say, "great whats his number"

Just hang in there
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
Well thanks a lot leeslight. I did exactly what you said. I was patient and you're right, it did come back to me. In fact Sam started showing interest. We hung out a few times, did some things, which led me to believe, once again, that I had a chance with her. After about two weeks of 100% contact through msn, texting, and a couple hang outs, she started taking interest in my best friend. Now once i noticed this I was struck so hard, it hurt a lot. What made it worse was that he hid any sign of it. If he was honest about it I would have been less hurt. I let this slide for a good week or two, but it seems as though they are hanging out now. I barely talk to this sam anymore. I'm at a true low due to this.

At this point I don't know what to do. Should i let it happen with them? I want to do this but I know i'll never be able to look at my buddy the same, as she truly screwed me over. And just thinking about them together makes me feel like someone is twisting a knife in my heart. It hurts. So I'm boggled. I'm in a very confused state right now. What would you recommend i do at this point? because in all i still feel like i like this girl and so does he. It's a very tricky situation.
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2009
Supporter
Oh God I am sooo sorry, I'd like to say a lot a nasty things right now, but I won't...

I remember getting played over a few times myself when I was your age, and God pay back was a......., but God it felt sooooooo good!!!!

I feel that your the better person in this, and It's real sad when your buddy did this to you.. god... I'm mad now...

But there is plenty of more fish in the sea... and you will meet some-one special, and when you do don't introduce them to your buddy, and if you do... jokingly bring up the time you lost sam.... and how.. don't mention any names....

What I'm saying I would just move on.. They are not worth it, and for your buddy to do that to you, it stinks.....

Again I am sooooooo sorry that happened.

Hope things work out for the best...
|

replied March 24th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
in my personal opinion..right now is probably the WORST time for you to get serious with someone..you're about to head to college! this is going to be the time of your life you will meet TONS of new people and new GIRLS! why do you want to be stuck in a relationship at this point? for me, being single my freshman year of college was the best decision, I got to go out, do whatever I wanted and not worry about some guy keeping tabs on where I was and who I was with..LIVE IT UP! and trust me, while you're out having a blast you'll find someone before you even know it, i've learned you cant really look for love..it finds you, just live it up while you're waiting to find that o so special someone! good luck

O YEA..as for the current situation with your bff..i dont know about guys but with girls theres sort of an unspoken rule that you NEVER EVER go for the guy your girl is interested in and you NEVER go for one of her exs...its just not cool...does your buddy know you have a thing for her? if so, then he needs to respect how you feel, if not..then..you cant really blame him for goin after her
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Supporter
were you being agressive? did you read them wrong? if you feel as though your always being mislead, you have to come out straight with someone "i like you, do you have a b/f" being a women if i do have a boyfriend or if i dont but i dont want to be bother i would say "yes".
so my response to you is what's you "A game" what are you saying to these girls. you have to also learn how to read body language. that's a dead give a way.
|