Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can't get over girlfriend having sex with another

User Profile
I met a girl 7 months ago and I fell for her. A month later I made her my girlfriend. We hanged out most of the time, I was never so in love before...soon a thought came,"ohh, this is what called love!". I then asked her if she is a virgin! She straight away said yes and vice versa. Okay now then 1& half month of together...I started the talk about having sex and then she denied saying sex after marriage! I was a bit doubtful so decided to tell her that virginity is something which cannot be hidden etc...few mins later she said she got something to say. Then she said she wasn't a virgin! A thunder struck straight through my brain! I'm into pieces! And after deep thinking i finally thought i can get over if I have sex with her! So we had sex and after that a several times. Now I'm still after several sex I can't get over. The picture of her with someone else makes me crazy. I'm so doomed. Please suggest me what should I do to get over this. I often have depression due to this reason.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2018
Depression Answer A63522
Welcome to e health forum.

You need to clear your mind about the concept of virginity and understand that you cannot own another person in this life.

Having a girlfriend, wife or any other form of relation lasts only as long as both of you are interested in each other and work to maintain the relationship.

Once there are various factors due to which the relationship breaks down, then it is unlikely that a couple would continue the relationship. Hence it is unlikely that everybody would be able to have a single relationship in their life, unless they are patient enough and committed enough to keep working on the relationship, even if it brings them sorrow, trouble or depression. Most people in such situation would not like to carry the heavy burden for the rest of their lives. Hence they would break up and move on in life.

So, as explained ... if you find someone whom you feel compatible and comfortable with, then you should not mind if she has been in any prior relationships and consider the fact that she is interested to be with you at the moment. Dwelling on the past would not let you enjoy the present.

If you need help to clear your thoughts, it would be recommended to consult a psychiatrist who can provide proper counseling and help.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.