Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Can't get hard or ejaculate

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
Good Afternoon. I am a 25 year old male who is experencing problems getting and keep an erection. I am on citalopram 1o mg once a day. The problem is that when my girlfriend and she and I are in bed. hile she is payling with me down there i can never seem to get hard or ejaculate. I have noticed the same sorta problem when i am masterbating at home, it sometimes takes a while to come to fully erect and then i loose it right after i cum. Is the problem my medicine or could it be something else? I am

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2011
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A18293
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Once you have an ejaculation, the hardness or the erect state will go off (it is natural). This is due to the blood getting back into the veins and draining out form penis. The Citalopram that you are taking is claimed to have effect of increasing libido, but some men do experience sexual dysfunction while being on it, the problems include maintaining erection and having ejaculation. If the problem you face is continued, then discuss about getting your medication changed to alternative one to help with control of your symptoms and not affect your sexual life.
Masturbation itself can lead to erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation problems. Avoid overmasturbation.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.