Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Can't ejaculate during sex

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
recently my boyfriend cant ejaculate while we are having sex. His penis is in erection stage and can be hard for a very long time, but in the end he cant come (or it takes at least an hour). I dont know what to do, could it be more of mind problem? because before he was coming very fast, so he started telling him self that he cannot come, and now he seriously cant.
Please if you have any suggestions, contact me

Regards Liddia
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question on Ehealthforum. Please remember that this is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor. If your boyfriend is worried about his health, he should talk to his doctor.

Ejaculatory incompetence or delayed ejaculation is complex. Usually the man does not have the same difficulty when alone and masturbating but, for some reason finds it very difficult to finish when his penis is inside his partner’s vagina.

Perhaps you may need to discuss this with a Sex Councillor. It can be resolved through behavioural therapy. Ask him how he masturbates, and to hold your hand while you do it for him. You should also verbally encourage him to come. Once he learns how to ejaculate in your company you can then move on to intercourse.

This will take time and patience and there may be some setbacks. But with perseverance you will succeed. It is very interesting how all this started.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.