User Profile
having a really hard time with my stomach lately and wondering if you can help.

Been having stomach issues for about 10 years now, but as of the past month and a half, it's been rather severe.

So it starts by waking me every morning around 7 am, where I start having the sweats and pain in my lower right abdomen. Following this, I have to make a BM which is never solid, but hurts so bad it makes me feel pins and needles and nausiated accompanied by more sweating. The rest of the day is even more painful.

There was one day I had an incredibly bloody stool, that was quite mucosy, but could have been a hemmed I suppose.

They gave me pain meds, but I still feel nausiated all day. Can't eat without them, lost 30 lbs in 2 months. I have 2 children and am an extremely good mother, but lately I feel testy and drained.

Had CT and ultrasound all normal. Trying to wait patiently for the 16th of July for my endoscopy, but it can't seem to come fast enough!

So tired of feeling this wa

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2015
Crohn Disease Answer A52771
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bowel movements derangement with signs and symptoms like nausea vomiting, hematochezia etc needs further evaluation. Baseline work up was clear. Next step is enoscopy to rule out any local pathology in the gut. Meanwhile you can prefer fibrous diet and plenty of fluids. Avoiding spices and stimulants and alcohol etc is advised.

Also you should adapt good toilet habits and train your bowels. Early mornings are the best for defecation. Hang in there. Only a complete work up would sort things out. To me it looks like a functional bowel issue like inflammatory bowel syndrome IBS. Reduce daiy products intake and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Crohn Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.