Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Can sperm travel on skin or through clothing?

To whom it may concern,

My period is 10 days late. I am normally never this late. I am not sexually active but I do have a boyfriend. I was wondering whether or not sperm can travel on sweaty skin. For instance, if my boyfriend ejaculated in his hands, dried them with kleenex, then later slid his hands down my pants and touched my bare behind, could the extra sperm ramaining on his hands travel down my anus and to my vagina, getting me pregnant? I would also like to know whether or not sperm goes through panty hoes.

Thank you and hope to hear from a reliable source soon.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Community Volunteer
No
|

replied May 16th, 2009
No. You are not pregnant. Sperm cannot travel independantly and the only way your boyfriend could impregnate you without having sex with you is if he still had semen on his hands when he touched you (ie. if he didn't take it off with tissue). Sperm does not survive very long and cannot travel. Don't worry, you're just late, sometimes this happens.

When you do become sexually active, be sure to use a condom, even if you are using another form of contraception (like the pill) to protect against disease.
|

replied May 17th, 2009
thank you!
|

replied May 18th, 2009
currently 12 days late...
|

replied June 4th, 2009
Still late?
|

replied June 5th, 2013
Um, I have almost the same situation...my boyfriend ejaculated in his hands,wiped it off with a Kleenex but then he touched me,not my butt...my vagina...is there any way I can get pregnant from this?
|

replied October 29th, 2013
What if the semen touched my lega skin but I dried it. Is there any chances?
|

replied October 29th, 2013
What if the semen touched my lega skin but I dried it. Is there any chances?
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....