Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

can something be done about my sex life?

User Profile
i m 21 years old and m having 2 cysts in my right ovary and mass lesions sticking my left ovary with the uterus. i m having a lot of pain during sex. and m also reading about others' experiences and it is scaring me. i m taking homoepathic treatment, the pain and bleeding during my cycles is getting better but nthng abt sex. can something be done about my sex life? is it true i wont b able to get pregnant ever?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2012
Endometriosis Answer A37473
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Experiencing pain during or after intercourse could suggest chances of vaginal infection, injury, cervicitis, cervix erosion, pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. If the symptoms are due to pelvic adhesions or scaring or endometriosis, laparoscopic adhesiolysis or scar removal or endometriosis implants/growths removal can be of help in controlling your symptoms. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.