Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Can someone read me my tailbone Xray?

I got an Xray for on my tailbone (I fell down the stairs) but my report isn't ready and it doesn't seem like it's going to be ready anytime soon. I got the Xrays taken on sunday, it is now tuesday and I have yet to hear anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
OiVe,

You can call the radiologist's office, to see if the films have been read and dictated. It usually takes several days for nonemergant films to get through the system.

The ordering physician may get a "wet read" over the phone, a preliminary report, from the radiologist. But, again, the final report usually takes a few days, up to a week, to get back to the patient's chart (or the ordering physician).

(The term "wet read" comes from the days when the x-ray films were developed, and an immediate reading would be done while the film was drying, while it was still dripping wet with the developing fluids.)

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: hear
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....