Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Can someone decipher this Stress Echo for me?

I am a 38 year old female with A-fib w RVR - first episode, and these are the findings of my nuclear stress echo.

HISTORY: Atrial fibrillation and chest pain.

RADIOPHARMACEUTICAL: 10.26 mCi of Sestamibi was given for the resting study. 31.9 mCi of Sestamibi was given for the stress study.

FINDINGS: Ejection fraction is 74%. End-systolic volume is 19 mL. End-diastolic volume is 73 mL. SPECT images were obtained in short axis, horizontal and vertical long axis projections. There is no evidence of reversible or fixed perfusion defects. No wall motion abnormalities except for mild hypokinesia of the septum. The SPECT images obtained in the short axis, vertical and horizontal long axis projections are unremarkable.

CONCLUSION: Normal myocardial perfusion study. Normal ejection fraction of 74%. No reversible or fixed perfusion defects in this study. Normal wall motion. Except for mild hypokinesia of the septum.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

The hypokinetic septum can be due to many things -- Ischemic heart disease , abnormal electrical conduction , artifact in case of left bundle branch block or a pacemaker and valvular heart disease. Rest of the nuclear stress is completely normal. You need to confirm with your cardiologist whether the hypokinetic septum was an artifact related finding or not.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.