Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diabetic Diet Forum

can some one advise me on what find of food is best for me?

User Profile
i was diagnosed of Pcos, and last 2 week went for a my doctor's visit and she said, my sugar level is a bit higher than normal, but i forgot asking how many it was.then she asked me to follow diet and also placed me on Metformin 500mg . i am so worried considering the fact that i am polycistic.please can some one advise me on what find of food is best for me now and what to avoid? does this means that i will end up in diabetes? pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thansk

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2013
Diabetic Diet Answer A41481
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

In polycystic ovaries the hormone dis-balance is such that there are long intervals in between two periods. Relax deranged sugar levels are common in PCOD but that does not mean that you would have diabetes in future. Metformin is commonly prescribed in case of PCOD. Doing some lifestyle changes will help you like-

1.Reduce saturated fat intake.
2.Maintain good body composition .
3.Increase dietary fiber .
4.Increase aerobic exercise .
5.Restrict sugar intake.
You can also consider visiting a Dietician who can help you in diet according to your requirements and choice.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetic Diet , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.