Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Can Per-cum get you pregnant???

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex for three days and it so happened to be the days before I started ovulating. He has been very good about pulling out before he ejaculates but I was wondering can his per-ejaculate contain sperm and what is the likelihood of me getting pregnant if it does??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
manieedomingue,

Pre-ejaculate does contain sperm, but not very much. Though it only takes one sperm to actually fertilize the egg, it does take a lot more than that (millions) to actually break down the corona around the egg.

So, the chances of getting pregnant from pre-ejaculate itself is pretty small. However, the withdrawal method is not a very good one for birth control. It is not really possible to tell how much fluid is actually transferred.

Again, there is a small amount of sperm in the pre-ejaculate, exactly how much, you can't really tell.

Good luck.
|
Users who thank Gaelic for this post: manieedomingue 

replied December 25th, 2011
Thanks for the help! That give me peace of mind!!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....