User Profile
I was diagnosed with mono about 8 months ago, suffering mainly from extreme fatige, sore throat, body ache and lack of energy...
I am reading everywhere on CFS patients who first started with mono, and/or EBV diagnosis...

Also, I met another mono patient who told me that she is taking "Gene-Eden" as an anti-viral supplement, and it really helped her with her symptoms, especially the fatigue and pain.

any feedback on those two issues?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2009
Hi all,
Did anybody hear or tried this supplement "Gene-Eden"? I am taking it for 2 weeks now, and it seems to be doing a good job with my sleep.

BTW, I consulted with my family physician before taking it, and he read about all the natural ingredients listed. he said that he see no harm in taking it, but I should take it just before or after meals.

your feedback is appreciated.
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2009
virus or not, my sleep is way better!
Here is a cheerful update, I am able to sleep much much better, hardly waking up during nights...in fact i (always) used to wake up when my hubby returned from his night shift (around 3am)-well not any more...!
I am sleeping like a baby!!

I did a blood test few days ago, and was happy to see that finally my EBV level decreased, there's a good chance that the disease is over now!!

As mentioned above, the only downside is that I can't take it on an empty stomach...I can't stand the taste.
|
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...