User Profile
Dear Doctor,
It started with an itch in my genitals. After few days a blister appeared, which was followed by others like that,for which i consulted a doctor back here in China.But due to language barrier i think he didnt understand my symptoms clear enough.He prescribed me Benzalkonium Chloride Solution. It was obvious to me that this alone would not be sufficient enough.Im myself a 2nd year med student, so I decided to take Doxycycline and Cetrizine tablets along with it. It did managed to cure those, however after a few days they reappeared. Now currently my itchiness gets worsen at nights! The itch has spread to my thighs,legs and abdomen. However there are no spots or blisters present at these sites apart from Penis and testicles.I live in a dormitory and before it all started my roommate was having the same itch, even up till now. Acc to him there are no blisters on his penis.Can it be scabies or herpies or something else? Help Plz
(I havnt had sex for a while so it cant be STD?)

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2015
Penis Answer A53879
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. The presentation is typical of scabies and should be treated as scabies. Get some scabicial cream and take some oral ivermectin. Change clothes and do the laundry and try to disinfect the sheets and all the belongings by spreading them to the sun light. Seek a dermatologist and let them have a look.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.