Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Can it be genital warts or herpes?! I'm scared.

User Profile
Dear Doctors,

I noticed after having intercourse with a girl that the base of my penis has a couple of bumps? They get somewhat inflamed at times. They don't itch or anything, and it's just 4-5 lumps. They're not filled with liquid, and are somewhat scattered. One of on the shaft and the others are at the base. It itched somewhat bad for the first week or so (but I'm also allergic to latex, and I'm pretty sure I had a latex reaction because it was red and itchy and had a semi rash and the skin proceeded to fall off afterwards). I asked my partner and she claims she got checked and that she's clean, but my penis lumps are somewhat indicating otherwise. They also have no hair follicles coming out of the bumps.

I also have pictures, but I can't seem to attach them on here. Can it be genital warts or herpes?! I'm scared. Let me know

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2014
Sexual Health - Men Answer A49646
Thank you for asking

Penile skin has different chemistry and composition. Excess of sebaceous glands and secretion and location of genitals and environmental role like tight clothings, sweating, poor coital and toilt habits etc compromise it some time.

They self resolve and is nothing to woryr about. it happens and happens alot. Just stop looking at them. What eyes dont see mind does not worry about. rest i gaurantee it is innocuous and just needs hygiene reconsiderations.

take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.