Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Can i still have kids? stopped pill at 47, no periods.

Dear Doctor,
I am a 47 year old female suffering from Thyroid. I had been taking Crisanta contraceptive pills for past 8 years. I stopped taking pill from April 2013 I hadn’t had my period since then am I entering into menopause can I still have children. Please help I am really worried. I was operated stone in gall bladder and my spleen was removed along with gall bladder due to abscess. I have family history of diabetes and thyroid. My mother had rheumatoid arthritis
With regards
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
Hello,

I am not a doctor.

The menopause can happen naturally from the late 20's onwards and can be begun unnaturally by such things as rigorous dieting and eating disorders.
At 47 you are probably experiencing the menopause but it would be wise to have it verified by a medical practitioner.

The general rule regarding menopause is during the onset when periods can be irregular and absent for an extended time is to assume pregnancy is a possibility until there has been no period for two years when it can be assumed to be safe to let your hair down and have some fun - but considering your post; perhaps not too much fun...

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...