Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Can I play a urgent soccer match prior of having root canal?

A couple of days back I noticed cavity invading the front of a tooth along the gum line. Soon it was visible in my smile. I went to the dentist to clean it up and do composite resin filling. In the first session, he cleaned it up. In the next, he started filling the cavity when he noticed the damage has gone deeper into the gums. Then he suggested for a root canal. But the problem is that I'm supposed to play a football session in two days. I told the doctor he told me that the root canal procedure can wait. For the time being, he fixed the cavity temporarily and gave me some meds. I didn't feel any pain till night. At night, the pain was unbearable and I had to increase the dosage of the painkiller. I know it was a bad idea but I didn't have another solution to it. I called up the doctor and he told me to rinse with salt water. It gave me a relief for a few moments. I have to travel tomorrow and play a match. Any quick pain relief so that I can withstand till the game gets over?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....