Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

can I keep up with a 5 apples per day diet?

User Profile
Losing weight in my situation is a health issue?
How many days can I keep up with a 5 apples per day diet? After it what should I do?
How much water can I take?
Should I wait for me to return from Brasil/start having basketball training to lose weight?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2012
Nutrition Answer A35045
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

I would not recommend you at all to just be on apples.You are in a growing stage and require all nutrients from different types of food.Just diesting is not a solution for weight loss as even if the weight is lost it is regained back.You need to have a balanced diet along with exercises as jogging,cycling,swimming etc.

You can also consider to join a Gym centre where under a trainer you can do exercises suited best to you.Not eating properly will definitely cause loss of energy and other issues as lack of nutrients would effect the thinking and concentrating ability which can also affect the studies.

Kindly start exercising and consult a Nutritionist who can plan your meals according to your choice and also follow you up.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.