Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Can I get STD from a used razor at the barber?

User Profile
So two days ago I got a hair cut and the barber popped one of my pimples with a razor and then he started to clean it with something he got from his counter and I think it was not clean. Also I did not see the barber change the blade on the razor? Could I get infected by HIV or Hepatitis by a used razor and a cleaning utensil that was probably not cleaned.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A46288
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the razor blade was unsterile then chances of infection become high for bacterial, fungal infection as well as hepatitis. If worried consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider and get examination done to rule out infection and get started on prophylactic treatment if indicated. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.