Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

can i ever make babies with one testicles?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
hello ,am married for 8 months and am 35 years old i feel one testicle in my scrum tum sack though why growing up when i have hard on without having sex i use to have a very sharp pain at the scrumtum sack area and my ex's 2 has confirm been pregnant for me before and now am married i have had at lease 12 months unprotected sex and yet we are still trying for babies .I have use some fertility boosting drugs even wellman is one of them and am still using it as at the time of the is mail ,can i ever make babies with one testicles please help me thank you

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2012
Fertility Answer A38085
Welcome to e health forum.

Infertility can be due to combination of factors involving both the male and the female partners. Hence both partners should be involved in the evaluation and treatment.

Female and male causes are nearly equally responsible for infertility (30-40% for each). In 20% of cases, there is a combination of male and female causes.

In 10% of cases, no cause can be detected for the infertility problem after examination and investigation of both partners (unexplained infertility).

Since your history mentioned that your past partners have conceived normally, there should not be any doubt regarding your fertility.

Having a single testes, which is functioning normally, should not be a barrier for you to conceive.

But since it has been more than 12 months of trying to concieve, and not succeeding, you and your partner would benefit by consulting with your doctor, who can assess your condition and provide specific suggestions or advise specific tests to rule out treatable conditions.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.