Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

can hymen grow it back?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
my bf & i were kissing. he suddenly put his penis into mine. Only a few mm of his tip go into mine. But after that i bled. So can hymen grow it back since it is only a few mm? Will I still bleeding for the next sex? I am so worried about it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A28320
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The bleeding could have been due to hymen rupture (it usually stops within 48-72 hours). The hymen once ruptured, cannot get repaired on its own. You might bleed again during intercourse if the hymen rupture is not complete. To confirm if hymen is intact or ruptured, visit your doctor/gynecologist for a thorough examination, further evaluation & assistance. You can also consider discussing with your gynecologist about option of getting hymen repair or hymenoplasty done if needed (if you want to opt for hymen repair and do not intend to remain sexually active).
The chances of pregnancy also cannot be ruled out completely if you were during your fertile days at the time of your sexual contact (and if pre-cum or semen has come in direct contact with vagina). Look out for development of any other new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. Wait and watch for your next periods. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you develop any new symptoms, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any unusual/new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest.
If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you intend to remain sexually active (and if you are not ready for pregnancy), consider visiting your gynecologist to get started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after your periods). Be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.