Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Can hemorrhoids develop into something more serious?

User Profile
Im only 13 and i have realized that i have hemorrhoids and what was to happen if i wasn't to treat it right away? Im scared to tell my parents about this so i turned to you Doctors for now.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2010
Hemorrhoids Answer A10278
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can hep you.

You would like to know what hemorrhoids can develop into.

Hemorrhoids are a condition when veins around the anus are enlarged, forming nodes that may be painful. The pain is strongest during defecation. The cause of hemorrhoids is constipation and pushing when defecating. If individuals experience constipation, the lining of the anus as well as the veins may be damaged during defecation, and bleeding may occur. However, bleeding may also occur in conditions like fissures, fistulas, etc.

Given the data that you described, you may or may not be experiencing hemorrhoids. See your doctor to rule out this condition. Be sure to defecate any time you feel the need to avoid constipation. Consume vegetables and fruit, as well as milk, yogurt, and liquid-like food to avoid constipation. There is nothing to fear if you tell your parents about the symptoms that you experience.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.