Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

can bad colds affect your ovulation and delay period

I usually didn't count how long are my cycles until i got sexually active.
My previous cycles were like this as far as i can remember.

May 6- June 11 (36 days)
June 11-July 18 (37 days, btw i stressed this month because i tought i was pregnant)
June 17- August 12 ( 25 days, i took emergency contraceptive this month and it came earlier around 10 days i guess)
August 12-September 17 (36 days)
September 17- Today is 35th day of my cycle and i still didn't get my period. I got PMS like symptoms mild breast and stomach pain for 10-11 days now. I had unrpotected sex( no ejeculation) around my time of ovulation i guess but i don't know how long my cycles are so i dont know when i ovulate. But i had a really bad cold around 14-15th day of my cycle which lasted a good 7 days even more and i heard its possible that a cold can affect your ovulation and delay it so the bleeding is delayed too. Is that true? Could i be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2017
Community Volunteer
If you have sex without condoms or birth control, there is always a possibility that you can get pregnant.

A cold by itself will not cause a delay, but stress and worry will. The Plan B might also have changed your cycles.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...