Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

can autism be grown out of ?

i am 15 years old and was diagnosed with autism when i was around four. my mother noticed it because i never spoke to anyone and was very distant from my family , i did not make eye contact even with my mum, however now i have many friends and am known for being a bit wierd and sometimes anti social and my teachers know this and look past it and occasionally send me out to calm down as i am easily wound up and get aggresive , me and my mother have never really been bothered about it but lately i have been showing signs of autism wich she has not noticed before , since i was little i have lived in pubs because my mum had her own business in them as a manger so when i wanted to stay out of sight and not talk to people i would have to talk and communicate because it was hard for her to get someone to babysit me so i would have to sit behind the bar until it was time for bed so i would get people trying to talk to me fequently and my mum would give me loving pushes to try talk with them, so my question is that can it be grown out of because for a few years i seemed like a very normal child however i am quite smart now and can notice things about my behaviour and how i look at the world that make me very different from others and like ive said i am known for being the thinker and strive to learn new things especially in physics , some of my friends and even a girlfriend i had found it fascinating how i looked at things and thought about situations , but im not sure maybe im just a strange person but many people would not think me to be autistic however many others when i tell them think that thats the reason for my strange habits and behaviour.
any ideas ??? thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper marryciren
|

replied January 4th, 2013
My 10 year old son has autism and I have studied it and been to many autism trainings. Technically, no. You are not going to grow out of being autistic. That being said, there is nothing wrong with it and nothing to be worried about, everyone is different and your quirks make you a special person. You have no doubt learned coping strategies to your every day dilemmas in life and can continue to due so more and more. We all adapt. Social behavior is learned. It is just harder for people with autism. If it helps at all once you finish school being different is no longer such a big deal. A lot of truly great people in history are said to be autistic.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2013
I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome as a child, so I used to find any physical contact uncomfortable and hated mixing with people, but I've found as I've got older I've become less awkward and you probably wouldn't realise just from looking at me and the Doctors have told me that it is very likely that I will appear to have grown out of it, because over time I would learn social skills and become less distant Smile hope this helped
|

replied April 4th, 2013
My name is Joseph. I have a daughter diagnosed with autism at the age of 2 and half years. Then only I heard about it. Me and my wife did a vast study on this topic from many sources and how to reverse autism. There are many causes pointed out for autism. Many studies point about the vaccinations causing autism. Some vaccinations like MMR have a preservative agent called Thimerosal containing Mercury which is suppose to be a deadliest poison in the world. Our body has the capability to excrete many toxins but in some unlucky kids it affect the brain cells.
In our child's case it seems to be very genuine as she started showing some symptoms after the second dose of MMR.
Now the option is to eliminate the toxins from her body which we tried various methods. The best option we found is to give her the best vital nutrients and detoxification capable products. As there hundreds of products in the market claiming results but with no actual results, selecting the best one was difficult. We managed to find a great product and she is on the products since past 10 months and the improvement is just amazing.
|

replied April 15th, 2013
One can not grow out of autism, but coping strategies and interventions may make autism more of a difference rather than a disability.
|

replied April 25th, 2013
There's evidence suggesting that gluten sensitivity may be at the root of many neurological and psychiatric conditions.
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Totally overcoming is not possible. But skills on several points can be made.
|

replied June 2nd, 2013
A big question from parents of kids with ADHD or Autism is: What are the ways for to improve my child with ADHD/Autism. Here's the answer straight from Dr Arjan Kuipers *link removed
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2018
Experienced User
Autism can be developed. Though people don't call it autism in this case. Though we have noticed that grown ups prefer to avoid others with time
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2018
it may possible that Autism Be Grown Out. there are many classes that help people by providing many activities, games, exercise that can help them to grow out.
|
Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...