Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

Can Aspergers Develop to Autism?

I'm 26 and I just realized I have Aspergers. I didn't know what Aspergers was unti I did a survey (I take at least 7 different surveys online daily).After doing a little research,I realized that I have all the traits of Aspergers and to make matters worse am an Introvert!I'm worried.Can it develop to Autism if I have Children?

I'd really like to know
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SeriouslySore
|

replied March 16th, 2014
You can not determine if you have aspergers via an online test,(my partner has it and i work with an animal theraphy program in a school which holds many people with disorders)And aspergers is a FORM on austism. I might be only 24 but clearly your skills in research are lacking. Austism is measured on a spectrum, aspergers is a lessor form of austism being it affects the behaviour of people but not the physical tracts i.e looks of people. Please seek help in seeing if you are a person who has aspergers by going to medical professionsal ( also just so its clear Albert einstein has aspergers!) austism doesn't mean someone is broken in anyway it just makes them different.
|

replied March 17th, 2014
Thanks for your reply and don't think that I rushed to conclusions Smile
Ever since I learnt about aspergers,I've been doing a lot of research on it.Again don't think that I rush to conclusions but I noticed that I have more than 80% of the physical traits.
Thanks for your help.
|
Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...