User Profile
I am 23 yrs old I feel like I\'m going to die I walk around alday everyday thinking I\'m just gonna drop dead my body feels heavy and I feel like I\'m completely walkin on air like off balance. I\'ve been to the hospital like 6 times and family doctors and they all say it\'s in my head n depression and anxiety an so on I didn\'t get like this till 3 months after having my baby and she is now a yr old but what I want to know is can anxiety last 24/7 allay everyday and will it last this long

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2011
Anxiety and Stress Answer A21067
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
Your history and symptoms are pointing towards clinical depression and panic disorder (PD).
PD sufferers usually have a series of intense episodes of extreme anxiety during panic attacks. There is no single cause for panic disorder
Cognitive behavioural therapy is the treatment alongwith medication.A patient with depression, adherence to the antidepressant medications is the mainstay of therapy. 40% of primary care patients with depression drop out of treatment and discontinue medication if symptomatic improvement is not seen within a month unless additional support is provided in the form of psychotherapy.
You must consult a psychiatrist for the proper diagnosis and further treatment. For you, compliance to medication is important for which you can increase intensity and frequency of visits, read supplemental educational materials and discuss any side effects of the medication that you may be experiencing with your psychiatrist.
You can use deep breathing, exercise, remember all the positive events in your life as if you are daydreaming as the stress busters to cheer yourself up.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.