Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

can anxiety from marijuana withdrawal last up to 1 year?

Hi,
i\'m a 29 year old girl or woman i should say, and i quit smoking marijuana for 6 months now. i quit because i was a very heavy smoker and realized that i was addicted. further-more, i was getting anxiety when i slacked so i decided it was enough! My anxiety practically completely dissapeared however, i\'m still able to have a little bit of anxiety or sensations of discomfort in stressful events. i certainly never had to ponder about these feelings before i smoked (granted i did start at an early age). i hope i haven\'t developped anxiety for the rest of my life!? my doctor told me it takes generally one year for the brain to \
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2013
i didn't finish...as I was writing: it apparently can take up to 1 year for the brain to "re-program" or re-adjust itself...I was just hoping for a second opinion Smile
|

replied December 18th, 2013
Experienced User
i think you should need to divert your mind towards those things you like most.and again do not spent time with those people who are doing this kind of activity of smoking and all.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....