Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

can all this stress bring back the schizophrenia?

User Profile
I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, they never told me the form when I was 18. They put me on some meds Ariprepazole as far as I remember. It completely wrecked my mind, I got depressed had a lot of trouble concentrating and with the meds my life took a turn for the worse. I used to be a bright student but it practically drained me. I met my future wife at 21. She was 12 years older than me and was a clinical hypnotherapist. She convinced me to leave the meds and I did. This happened against my parents will and they kept pressing me to take the medicines. My life dramatically turned around. I got into a goog PG course and a great job. I even completed a CMA course. However my marriage has fallen apart and due to the economy my carreer has taken a hit. I miss my wife a lot. I know that we cant be together and must move on. I am concerned whether with her gone and all this stress can bring back the schizophrenia. I have a rotten job and am living with my parents. What if it comes back

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2011
Schizophrenia Answer A25822
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

I can understand your concern for schizophrenia but having a strong willpower and clear mind will keep you away from schizophrenia as well as depression.

You should discuss it with your parents and talk to them openly. Concentrating your mind in different other activities and hobbies also diverts the mind. Also try making some lifestyle changes. You can share your worries or stress with your family and friends and they can help you out by giving valid reasons or solutions. Also start doing yoga or meditation exercises which help in having a calming effect on the mind.

However if you have worsening of the symptoms then you may need treatment. Treatment consists of antipsychotic medicines, cognitive behavior therapy and psychotherapy.

My sincere advice would be to get it evaluated from a psychiatrist in that case. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.