Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Can a simple non-bloody procedure get rid of this for good

User Profile
Over 10 years ago, I had a few procedures to remove the extended veins on my rectum. The doctor, for whatever reason, refused to remove an internal one that now think has developed into an external one as well. Depending on what I do, or eat, I will get a scraping feeling when going to the bathroom. It happens every few months if I am not careful about diet and activity. Is this feeling more in line with an external? I will have a spot of blood on the toilet paper when this happens. My problem is that I also have a major issue with the blood and it take me months to get over it. So, it is always on my mind when I go to the bathroom if I will bleed or not. It is quite tiring. I have read all about the condition and know what they are, but why won’t it go away permanently? I don’t sit a lot and stand most of the time since standing can make them worse, but even exercise seems to aggravate things. Can a simple non-bloody procedure get rid of this for good, or can an at home tre

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2014
Hemorrhoids Answer A48362
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

You are probably talking about piles or hemorrhoids. These can be treated with banding or even with laser. However, laser treatment may not be available at all centers.

Other than this, consulting a therapist may help you deal with your fears. Please consult your treating doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.