Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Can a fibroid cause Hydronephrosis?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Has anyone ever experienced hydronephrosis due to a uterine fibroid? I am experiencing a lot of pelvic pressure and urethra discomfort and now I am scared that I might have kidney damage!

I am going to see a new gyno next week, and want to get this out once and for all, due to last gyno not telling me much!!

Please let me know if you ever experienced that!!!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Uterine fibroid will not cause hydronephrosis. If you are having symptoms suggestive of UTI or urethritis, it could be due to the infection and might suggest vaginal infection also. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for your symptoms. You might also consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation and keep the area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.