Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

can a 3-d or a 4-d ultrasound determine babys skin color

i am 18 weeks pregnant and im very worried that my baby is not my boyfriends. im white and my boyfriend is white but on feb. 18 when me and my boyfriend were broken up, i had sex with a black guy. can a 3-d or a 4-d ultrasound determine the babys skin color? i would like to get some answers before the baby is born and destoys my relationship. if im really 18 weeks, then there is a 2 or 3 week window there between the day i had sex with him and the time they say i got pregnant. could the doctors be off a few weeks? is it possible my boyfriend is not the father? please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
Supporter
An ultrasound will not be able to distinguish the baby's skin color. Since you are 18 weeks, I would go by what the ultrasound tech told you. You are a few weeks into the second trimest. The earlier the ultrasound, the more accurate. So, if you had an ultrasound in the first trimester, you should go by that one. From the information you posted, it looks like you dodged bullet and the baby is your boyfriend's.
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2009
Supporter
actually my girlfriend was in this situation where she had sex with two guys weeks a part. when she got the ultrasound in her first trimester and the results was 1 1/2 weeks between both guys, so she didnt know until the baby was born. maybe she wasnt eating but the baby measurements was small making it off a few weeks.
you might have to tell him, that might devastate him for life if he's there while the baby is born.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....